NAFA COVID19 Update
NAFA COVID19 Tournaments Update - All Tournaments Suspended until 31-Dec-2020
Aug. 28, 2020
FOR RELEASE : Monday 24-Aug-2020 01:40 AEST (GMT+10)
First, and foremost, I hope all our flyball members and their families are continuing to stay safe and healthy during the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
These are certainly trying times for everyone, and we’ve continued to monitor the health recommendations by the CDC, Health Canada, as well as guidance provided by leading infectious disease medical experts.
While we would all prefer to be out playing flyball in a safe and healthy manner, our first priority is the health and welfare of our members and the communities that we all live in.
The NAFA Board of Directors met this weekend and discussed the timing of returning to racing. Many factors were considered:
- Current rates of infection in the United States and Canada
- What has happened as schools, universities and sporting events have tried to reopen even with safety measures in place
- Decisions by major athletic organizations such as the Big Ten and Pac-12 NCAA Football Conferences both deciding to cancel the fall season
- Overlapping Influenza and COVID-19 seasons in the Fall and early Winter
I want to provide our host clubs and participants as much lead time for planning as possible, therefore based on the current situation, NAFA will be suspending flyball events through the end of December 2020. We will look to provide another tournament sanctioning status update in early October.
As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions. I hope everyone remains safe, and I look forward to the time when we can all meet in the lanes.
North American Flyball Association, Executive Director